Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 96,341 to 96,360 of 96,625

Sunsy

@WoomyNNYes Yeah, it was a 4.8 magnitude one too from Tewksbury, NJ. I felt it too being here in NJ.

On a brighter side of things, I did unlock the Princess Peach Showtime theme in Tetris 99.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

card-crunch78

I wish "explain like I'm 5" was the default option for people who ask about complex stuff, like why the DCEU is failing.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

ThatZeldaNerd

My homies. its Friday!💪🏼

"I don't live for the world I live for the King" ~ NF

CaleBoi25 is PEAK

Switch Friend Code: SW-5348-4240-7813 | My Nintendo: ZeldaNerd

Tyranexx

Heard about the earthquake in the NE US. I bet that felt different! They aren't common where I am either, but I've certainly experienced a similar temblor.

@Sunsy I remember Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival's announcement; initially I was curious about trying it until I saw how "toys to life" it would be. I'd kind of like to try an Animal Crossing game still, even if it's a spinoff. I seriously thought about getting the Happy Home Designer 3DS spinoff... namely due to a bundled N3DS unit being one of the onlu ways to officially buy the regular model in this region. I waited too long to decide. I like my N3DS XL, but it's not as compact as I'd liked. NOA dropped the ball there.

Hey, no prob! I know IRL can be crazy - like my week for example. I've had a lot going on most evenings. Glad you're feeling much better! I was sick too about a month ago. I play almost exclusively with the pro controller at home when my system is docked...umless I forgot to charge it lol.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
It was scary to see the earthquake happened not only at my hometown but also happened at Taiwan, Japan and USA.

Amiibo Festival is surprisingly fun to play when you have at least 4 Amiibo figurines as you can play Solo but take control all 4 players and the way you play the board game mode is co-operate each other since every Happy points you get will level up your Amiibo figurines.
I like to play Amiibo Festival when I feel bored and want to play without thinking too much, just roll the dice and don't sabotage each other.

Oh, if you have interest to consider Happy Home Designer, you better get Happy Home Paradise DLC for ACNH as well.
HHP DLC not only let you play like Happy Home Designer style but you can buy the new products over there, get the new food recipe from Restaurant, get the hospital themed outfits + there are more new villagers added and you can edit your villager's house at your main island both exterior and interior, something that I have dreamt about (house makeover).

Also, I still have some hype with Yokai Watch 3 Tempura after I discovered more new areas of Clutifact. I'm more interested in both hunting the green artifact for instant level up & the rare Yokai. And the fact I can get level 90+ other Yokai from Blaster T mode and level 99 for my main Yokai team, I felt more motivated to play Yokai Watch 3 than the previous games. Yokai Watch 3 also have a lot of improvement in QoL such as Blaster T mode, Infinite Path, Hunt for Criminal Yokai at USA, etc so you can do a lot of different activities whenever you feel bored.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter Taiwan was tragic indeed. The silver lining there is the country is right along the Ring of Fire and also has the funding to ensure newer buildings are resistant and security protocols can be enforced, so there were few deaths despite the devastation. Same with Japan. The one in the NE US was a 4.8 I believe, definitely enough to cause a few issues but not be extremely dangerous. I'm in the central US, so I didn't feel it at all.

I think Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival would be fun with others, but it's rare I play video games with other people unless it's through online means. Sounds like it's a good "comfort food" game though; both Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Dragon Quest Builders 2 fill those roles for me for now. As for Animal Crossing: New Horizons and its HHP DLC, I do think I'd like the game; I'm just worried its repetitive, task-heavy nature will compel me to check things every day. Something I won't always want to do. This is a trap I fell into with the Nintendogs games on the DS years ago. It became less fun and more a chore. I would still like to try AC:NH at some point...or at least some kind of Animal Crossing lite game.

I'm happy to see you're still having a lot of fun with Yokai Watch 3: Tempura. Unfortunately, I was unable to secure a North American 3DS copy since they're very rare, and the eShop is now closed (wasn't fond of the big download block size). I've considered importing the game from Japan, but I'm not sure I want to also buy a Japanese 3DS or 2DS unit just for one game. I am seriously thinking about importing Yo-Kai Watch 4 for Switch and playing it while using a translator on my phone or something. I think the localization outside of Japan was quietly canceled after Level-5 started experiencing issues.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

Anti-Matter

I keep hearing something not good happened from Disneyland USA such from the disclosure of their attraction and other venues, I have no idea what is going on but I heard it seems it was about their financial issue.
Who have visited Disneyland at Florida recently and how was the situation over there?

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
For Japanese 3DS games, my suggestion is Yokai Watch Sangokushi (Tactic RPG style), Yokai Watch Busters 2 (Magnum / Sword), Taiko no Tatsujin games, Mahocole Maho Idol Collection (Cute Rhythm Adventure game with human and animal characters), the games but Nippon Columbia, etc to pair with Yokai Watch 3 Japanese version so the purchase of 3DS Japanese machine will be worthy.
And actually after some thought, I prefer Yokai Watch 3 Japanese version than English version for keep the USA name for their foreign country destination, not BBQ City in English version.
Also, the Japanese dub of the characters sounds better than the English version after some thought.
I have Yokai Watch 3 Tempura since 3 years ago (bought in February 2021) and still have the most played Yokai Watch games compared with my USA version of Yokai Watch 1, 2 and Blasters. Currently I have accumulated more than 280 hours gameplay of Yokai Watch 3 Tempura and I still looking for Yokai Watch 3 Sushi for getting Silver Lining Yokai as I prefer him as muscular superhero Yokai than the red Little Charmer in Tempura version.

Anti-Matter

Zuljaras

Any of you know how many games you own? I another user from Push Square asked me how many games I own, and I've counted my entire physical collection. Here are the results.

Nintendo Switch - 208
GameCube - 1
N64 - 6
SNES - 2
Mega Drive - 1
PS1 - 2
PS2 - 3
PS3 - 5
PS4 - 82
PS5 - 7
Xbox - 1
Xbox 360 - 29
Xbox One - 15
PSP - 12
PS Vita - 4
Game Boy - 12
Game Boy Color - 2
GBA - 31
NDS - 24
3DS - 27

Anti-Matter

It's dangerous to go alone!
Take this.
Untitled

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
How will you prepare yourself for Splatoon 1 Wii U when the online feature discontinued?
I have a situation which I can get Splatoon 1 Wii U from my country but to get the game on this year is already too late to access the online play so I will prepare myself to accept Offline only play, imagining Splatoon 1 as mini version of Ratchet & Clank game.
Is my imagination for Splatoon 1 as mini version of Ratchet & Clank sounds right?
My Wii U is literally filled with bunch of mediocre games in physical lol. 😅

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

MarioVillager92 wrote:

Been playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe with Tyranexx, @jedgamesguy, Sunsy, and ChameleonBros, thanks for the races everyone! Did voice chat for the first time so a couple of you now know what I sound like, lol. I did admittedly overreact a few times (when I kept getting hit for example), but I promise you, I still had fun. Good games, and looking forward to our next set of races!

Pleasure playing you and @Tyranexx as always, especially on voice chat, that added a new depth to the competition. I’d like to think I gave you two a good run for your money but it felt like ML was cruising (usually at the front). Mario Kart is super fun, both because of the RNG and in spite of it but suffice it to say whenever we can do it again hit me up.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter Some interesting suggestions. I'll admit rhythm games aren't my cup of tea, namely because I'm so bad at many of them. I forgot there were more Yo-Kai Watch Busters/Blasters games that never made it over here. I do agree - from what I've read of Yo-Kai Watch 3's localization - that changing the country to "BBQ" was nuts....But then again, they tried to pass off Japan in the first two games as the US. I think many kids catch on that this isn't the case lol. I've seen where you're still heavily invested in the series in both the forums and the "What Games Are You Playing This Weekend?" articles on the main site.

@jedgamesguy ML/MV cruising towards the front is pretty normal in my experience. Can't imagine why. I'm sure MV hasn't played Mario Kart 8 Deluxe very much at all. Definitely looking forward to the next time we play! And hopefully I didn't sound too overly awkward lol.

I play Mario Kart for fun/casually. I don't know some of the tracks very well, particularly the DLC tracks. A good chunk of my luck relies on the item RNG lol.

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
I still active in playing Rhythm games on Arcade like DDR but recently I tried the other dancing game with 5 panels (Phoenix version and Infinity version) at my local Arcade for alternative choice since DDR machine only one left in my hometown and other place like Jakarta and Bandung already have the newest DDR machine. Well, Rhythm games is one of my forte and I still able to get Perfect score on dance machine 5 panels thanks to my 20 years experience of playing DDR since late 2003.
You can check my latest high scores on my Rhythm Games Thread, since only me that still active to post about Rhythm games as it seems the majority users here are not into Rhythm games and if they are into Rhythm games, they only know about Rhythm Heaven since that franchise is belong to Nintendo, not games like DDR or Beatmania or Drummania like I played on Arcade and PlayStation machines.

Oh, I got Tales of Symphonia PS3 version including with the sequel from Wii version in HD last Tuesday.
I have never played Tales of series, I got the game from local online shopping website with price 200,000 IDR or under $15.
But I still not really sure I will engaged with those games even after purchased it as I pick that game on a whim just because I want to give it a chance as the Tales of series I can accept based on their gaming content and violence level.
Pretty much I can accept the series until Symphonia and Graces on PS3 because started from Xilia, the game content become more mature with explicit blood on the anime cutscene and peoples get impaled by weapon, something that I will instantly ban when I see that contents.

Btw, did you play Atelier Marie remake?
Actually I never get into Atelier series as I'm not a fan of playing RPG games with too many female characters especially with too much female fan service (except FF X-2 case that I considered as Charlie's Angel's parody in FF X and I like it) but for Atelier Marie Remake, since the character design in Chibi Nendoroid style, it looks cute and I admit I want to get that game but on PS5 version for stable 60 fps.
I wonder if I can use male characters oftenly in my team as I need the handsome looking male characters for something nice to see.
In RPG games, I want something masculine characters, but in girlie games like Barbie, I can getting along well with the female characters.

Anti-Matter

card-crunch78

Seeing as how the Nintendo Network is shutting down soon, I just went and finished playing 50 online matches in "Kid Icarus: Uprising" (as one of the challenges requires playing that many online matches total).

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Sunsy

It's my birthday today! So far, so good. Got a new Trolls shirt, Mineez, and plushies, gaming-wise I got Wreckfest and an eShop card. Gonna order some pizza later for dinner and play some Splatoon later (Nintendo, you couldn't pick a better day to shut down servers? Like never day maybe?).

Pic of the shirt and plushies I got.
Untitled

@Tyranexx I felt the earthquake that happened, everything shook for a few seconds then stopped.

Yeah, Amiibo Festival was kinda like Mario Party, but without mini-games if I remember correctly. It's been awhile since I've played it. I remember getting it for the amiibos and because it was cheap, but I didn't hate the game, contrary to popular opinion. It was just a board game without mini-games. I forgot that that was a bundle was a thing.

Thank you. Wow, hope you got through those evenings. Nice, I mostly use the pro controller too. I do feel the battery life was better in the Wii U pro controller though. For some reason, the Switch controller I feel like I'm charging a few times a week compared to the Wii U one.

@Anti-Matter Simple, just play the game offline in single player or 1 vs. 1 mode with a friend if we play. Splatoon 1 does have a single player story mode and local multiplayer where one plays on TV and the other plays via gamepad screen.

Though, shut downs like this makes me wish all online games went back to the old ways of online gaming, where people can host their own servers. Why is it I have PC games spanning back 20 years ago, and I can still play them online, yet a 9 year old game, I won't be able to anymore? Last month, my friend and I played an old game on PC. I hosted, he joined via IP address in the game menu. It was a feature of the game too.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

DannyBoi

Playin red faction guerilla and up to eos(bringing down edf control). How much further to go?

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

jedgamesguy

Lmao I just saw a tweet from Yuji Naka, who’s meant to be in prison for insider trading, saying that he likes the current Square Enix president, and that the original Dragon Quest 12 producer was the kind of guy to lie to court.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

MarioVillager92

Yeah... that earthquake was scary to hear about. A 4.8 quake in New Jersey! I'm in New York, but I didn't feel any shaking. Did a bit of research and it seems to be just minor damage at worst. Regardless, I hope you're all doing well! In other news, I've been playing the original Splatoon online, before the 3DS and Wii U servers get discontinued tomorrow. It's gonna suck to lose this game... the online is a huge part of Splatoon in general. Hopefully it'll get brought back in some form in the future.

@Tyranexx Yeah anytime! It was indeed pretty fun. I did have trouble hearing you on my end, but I didn't hear any traffic or anything. No harm done regardless.

Yeah absolutely, mental health is super important... though I can be hard on myself sometimes. My middle school and high school days weren't great either, because I've gotten bullied quite a bit. Hence my low self-esteem. (I did do good in my classes, though.) My mom has been saying that I should do self-love, and that does seem to work pretty good, so I should get in the habit of telling myself that I'm a good person.

Ah yeah isn't the PSP another one of those systems known for its RPGs? I do know you're a fan of the genre. Just saying this from memory. I'm not too huge into RPGs mainly because of their general length. So I'd have to be selective with them.

Oh that's great to hear! Glad you're all better! The pollen isn't super strong here either, at least for now, so I'm doing all right myself... for the most part at least, but I'll get to more in a bit. Hopefully you got to have your jog.

That's cool, hope you're enjoying your revisit to Ys VIII. It's a series I've heard of, but I've not played it. Thank you for the reminder, yes I've been playing quite a bit of Splatoon 1 last week! Been having fun with it, I like a few of its specials (I love the Inkzooka), and the music is awesome. I'd like to play more... but for some reason, my left thumb and left index finger have gotten tired sometime after my last session on Friday. It might be because the Wii U GamePad is a larger controller, which Splatoon 1 requires... and it's been some time since I last used the GamePad. That "tired" feeling has been coming back too, so I may have to rest more. Health is very important, after all.

Oh gotcha, I've actually not seen any of those movies until... I wanna say the early 2010s, when I wanted to broaden my horizons and get into movies. Oh that's the one you've seen in your childhood huh? Doesn't look super familiar to me. Lol, I remember that piano in Super Mario 64... that's one piano you don't wanna play! That's cool you work at a haunted house.

@Sunsy Happy birthday! I hope you're having a wonderful day. Those are some cool presents you've gotten! It was indeed fun racing with you, and that's super cool you got to play that Mario Kart arcade game. That's a shame you got a cold, but I'm glad you're better now.

Thank you, it was related to my low self-esteem, but it's gotten a bit better. Though right now, my left thumb and left index finger have been feeling tired after playing quite a bit of Splatoon 1 last week. It might be because of how big the Wii U GamePad is, and it's been a while since I used it before that last week... I might have to rest more as a result.

Oh gotcha, I see. That's cool though. Lol, "Sunsy" does keep things small! So some Sonic games just have 8 characters for player names, huh? I don't recall... besides Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed and Team Sonic Racing (I have both on Steam), I've not played any Sonic games online.

Just curious, I can't remember if I asked you already, but did you play the first Phantasy Star Online on the Dreamcast? I've heard of it back in the day, but never played it. Didn't play the GameCube version either... wasn't sure if I'd be into PSO as a kid, so I just stuck with Sonic in terms of Sega's offerings. Actually, a long time ago I had a Sega Genesis themed plug and play console from Radica, and I was able to play Sega's other games from there, such as Golden Axe and Kid Chameleon.

Ah, gotcha, yeah that does sound like busywork. Sounds like grinding to level up in RPGs, which I don't really like doing, lol. Especially if there's a boss fight that's hard because my party is underleveled.

@jedgamesguy It was a pleasure playing with you two as well! I've gotten a bit more comfortable with voice chat as well. Yeah, been playing the Mario Kart series since the Nintendo 64 days... guess that's why I've gotten quite experienced with it!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

card-crunch78

Careful what you guys say about Waluigi and Mother 3, people online see them as if they're the most sacred relics in the history of the universe!

Edited on by card-crunch78

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic