Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch 2 Predictions

Posts 101 to 115 of 115

Novamii

@FishyS I guess it really depends on what you're interested in. Plenty people are already quite content with the the rate our library is growing as is. Fair enough. As exciting as it is (At least for me) to imagine what could get ported over, it's also fun to imagine all of these underwhelming titles that are already on Switch getting revamped, or at bare minimum, have them running consistently at their targeted framerate. I want us to be able to look forward to third-party and indie releases without immediately wondering what the caveat is. You're absolutely right though, we shouldn't have to have games like Another Crab's Treasure running as poorly as they do. It's so bewildering that it kinda wraps around to being funny.

Edited on by Novamii

Idealism and realism are only a few letters apart, it's a fine line between the two. One must be careful not
to step too far on one end, as it could very easily throw the other off balance.

My Current Games: (Taking a break and leaving my gamer dungeon before TTYD.)

kkslider5552000

I've often been against the concept of needing new hardware, since AAA is a small (and seemingly in this year, rapidly dying) part of gaming. But it has stood out how many recent releases of note have had notable performance issues that aren't typical AAA games, so it does feel like the right time to put out a new console.

Though it does annoy me when 7 years in people put games on Switch that don't run well on Switch and blame the hardware and not...y'know, the people who should've known the Switch's limitations by now and then put a game out on Switch that doesn't run well on Switch and makes everyone pay money to play the objectively worst version of their game. Like its been obvious for a while new hardware is coming, just port it later instead of feeling obligated to put your game on Switch that was obviously designed for more powerful hardware. It seems like a lack of faith in your game if you need it on as many consoles as possible day 1.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

skywake

@kkslider5552000
I generally agree although I also have buckets of sympathy for the developers. Presumably they're building and testing for their local setup which isn't the Switch. Likely the Switch version is outsourced or passed onto some other team for porting. Then they shuffle it through QA/QC who probably complain

I would guess by that point they throw it back at the devs. They're blissfully unaware of how poor it runs on Switch until this point. They figure it needs optimisation, but that means time. And who has time for time? Management need it out by this specific date. So call it good enough and wave that crap through

If they complain gaslight them by saying it's the hardware. Which to be fair, in some sense, is technically true

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

CJD87

@FishyS Good point actually - there shouldn't be any reason as to why it wouldn't potentially come to S1 and S2

CJD87

CaleBoi25

So... has Nintendo stated anything about backwards compatibilty? I can't find anything on it, but I might just be missing it.

SplatComp

Don't tell the me moon is shining;
show me the glint of light on broken glass.
-Anton Chekhov

Sorry, I can't stop changing my PFP!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3225-4369-7994 | My Nintendo: CaleBoi25

Jalex_64

@CaleBoi25 To this point, they've only really clarified two things: that it will be officially announced between now and the end of March 2025 and that it will be the 'Switch next model.' That's literally all we know right now but given previous comments made by them in recent years about promising a smooth transition to the next console with Nintendo accounts, most people seem pretty optimistic about the situation.

Edited on by Jalex_64

Jalex_64

CaleBoi25

@Jalex_64 Ah, OK. Thanks for clarifying for me!

SplatComp

Don't tell the me moon is shining;
show me the glint of light on broken glass.
-Anton Chekhov

Sorry, I can't stop changing my PFP!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3225-4369-7994 | My Nintendo: CaleBoi25

SwitchForce

Nvidia T239 edit for Switch 2 performance, DLSS, RT/w AI learning. 3D Nand carts for bigger game in-cart minus or added DLC contents and or without eShop contents-come with OLED. Color coded like Splatoon, TOTK, Pokemon OLED. Color buttons and more buttons to add rapid free option and or key combo setup configurations.

SwitchForce

skywake

@CaleBoi25 @Jalex_64
The SoC that we can be confident enough about that it's not really a rumour anymore should be able to run the same game code with minimal effort. And most of the murmurings we've heard seem to say BC will be a thing. It also makes a fair amount of sense to do it

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

Jalex_64

@skywake Yes but the OP was asking about official statements from Nintendo. No doubt some of these recent hardware spec 'leaks' prove true but that didn't seem particularly relevant to their enquiry.

Fingers crossed for backwards compatibility though. It would take some almighty nerve for Nintendo to go in the other direction whilst carrying over accounts that many will have had eight years of game purchases on by the time it releases. On this basis, it seems a pretty sure thing right now.

Jalex_64

OctolingKing13

I think it will definitely have some sort of strange gimmick-it’s so un nintendoey if they didn’t take risks with new stuff, and almost every console has had something new. I think AR features are highly possible, or a projector on the back so you could play anywhere on a big screen. or it will have a brand new duck hunt and call of duty and comes included with a joy-gun 💀😝

Taylor from Blank Space was my old pfp if anyone gets confused. this is tay from he latest album
I LOVE OCTO SHOT REPLICA
cats are the best

Magician

How about for an additional $20 to the sticker price Nintendo attach a projector display to the dock?

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Sigran102

@FishyS Elden Ring, FFXVI, Monster Hunter World, All the RE remakes, plus 7 and 8, Yakuza Like a Dragon and Infinite Wealth, Devil May Cry 5, just to name a few off the top of my head. Plus tons of oldies like Fallout 4, the later bioshock games, the tomb raider reboot trilogy, classic Far Cry, stuff like that. Nintendo only people missed out on quite a lot. A system that can run all that would be a dream for many.

Sigran102

FishyS

@Sigran102 Final fantasy 16 and 7 part 1 and 2 aren't on xbox either because they are either permanent console exclusives or timed exclusives for PS5 or PS4. So I wouldn't say we technically missed out. Although I agree it would be nice if the ones which aren't console exclusives come to Switch 2.

At least the original tomb raider reboot (I didn't actually realize there was a trilogy) could have easily run on Switch, the devs just didn't feel like making the port apparently. Switch 2 getting more powerful won't magically mean every game gets a port to every console.

Mostly though, I agree with your point. My previous post was really me trying to think of games I personally would be interested in that we missed out on and the list is extremely small since I tend not to like gritty/realistic art styles. The list of games I was interested in that came to Switch but ran badly however was extremely long.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

westman98

@CaleBoi25
Nintendo also confirmed (as far back as in 2021 and recently reaffirmed in their most recent shareholder Q&A) that the Switch successor will use Nintendo Accounts.

westman98

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic