Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Posts 1,901 to 1,910 of 1,910

Xyphon22

I have finally gotten around to picking this up today. Looking forward to finishing up the series (so far). I have a question about the DLC. Is there a reason to get it already, like there is stuff you can do from it while playing the main game (like BotW)? Or is it pretty much entirely postgame stuff for Future Redeemed that can wait until I've beaten the game? And is there any physical option like there was with Torna? Thanks.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Unit_DTH

I just recently jumped back into this game, after about a year away from it, and wanted to ask a question; only because I can't find it in the game menu for all the tips/guides.
Can anyone explain to me how the chain attack meter fills? Sometimes it fills outrageously fast and other times it takes forever, so is there something that I missed/forgot about how this thing fills. Most of the arts gauges fill due to some arbitrary in battle movement depending on the "Tribe" that the Class is from.

Unit_DTH

My Nintendo: Unit DTH | Nintendo Network ID: Unit_DTH | Twitter:

jedgamesguy

@Xyphon22 I did a run of the game with all the DLC installed, it has some of both, but the stuff that's put into the main game is pretty minimal compared to Future Redeemed. You get some nopon coins, two new heroes (unlockable from Chapter 3 and 5), and the challenge battles, where you can unlock some new costumes for the gang, including swimsuits.

Future Redeemed is enormous though, (no physical sadly) and the lack of DLC in the main game will be easily forgiven because of how good that one is. I like it better than the main game sometimes!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Xyphon22

@jedgamesguy Thanks for the info. I was absolutely planning on getting Future Redeemed, I was just wondering if there was a reason to get it now or if it could wait until I beat the main game. I absolutely do not care about things like coins and costumes, and might try a challenge battle like once just for fun but wouldn't really care about those. But the two new characters and corresponding quests sound like exactly what I'm talking about and even if they are somewhat minimal would still be extra gameplay content worth getting early if I'm going to get it anyway. (Un)fortunately, I've got some time, because I'm currently playing Witcher 3 and would like to finish that up before starting this, which who knows how long that will take.

Xyphon22

PedroMatos

@Unit_DTH It builds as you play "properly". Basically, whenever you start combos (Break, Topple...), cancel attacks, or play your characters' roles.

PedroMatos

jedgamesguy

@Xyphon22 You're welcome. I'd recommend waiting till you've beaten the game, I was like that too... well, am like that with every DLC pack that's structured this way. I always wait till the whole thing's out so that I can get actual value for my money instead of getting piecemeal content early on. I've done it with XC3, XC2, FF7 Remake, FF16, both Smash Fighter Passes, MK8 Booster Course Pass, and I plan to do it with Persona 3 Reload once Episode Aigis comes out.

By all means take your sweet time, it'll be worth it.

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Xyphon22

@jedgamesguy But if I wait until I've beaten the game, does that mean I will never get to see those two extra characters or do their quests? Because I can honestly tell you I already have no plans to replay the game given how long I assume it is, especially if the only reason I am doing it is to see two more characters. I guess now that I know about them being in the DLC, I am asking is there any real reason to wait to get it since I know I will get it anyway? You said you like to wait until the whole thing is out so you don't get it piecemeal, but the whole thing is out now, so that's not an issue anymore.

Xyphon22

Unit_DTH

@PedroMatos Thanks for the simplification. Kinda silly that they would even allow Class changes at all if that's considered NOT "playing properly". I usually set my teams to be able to break, topple and launch pretty fastidiously, so I will just go back in and set my team back up to be more "in sync" with this "playing properly" concept. I appreciate it!

Unit_DTH

RupeeClock

@Unit_DTH
What PedroMatos means by "playing properly", is that each role (attacker, defender, healer) has their key role actions that builds their talent gauge and the chain attack meter.

For attackers, this means attacking enemies from behind, meeting the criteria for getting the bonus effects from arts like attacking from behind or the side, or landing critical hits.

For defenders, this means drawing aggro successfully, especially when taking attention away from attackers or healers.

For healers, this means using arts that heal or buff allies, reviving allies, or setting field effects (those rings that heal, raise evasiveness, etc).

Any character should be capable of fulfilling their role actions when changing to any class, though some are better at performing role actions than others.
Martial Artists for example, have a very high crit rate, and their arts flow into each other well. The caveat for that is they draw aggro a lot faster in doing so.

RupeeClock

Unit_DTH

@RupeeClock Thanks for the more in-depth description! I think that the in-game tutorial about this was not that great when I first started playing, or maybe I just didn't pay close enough attention. Either way, I really appreciate the insight and info. Thanks very much!

Unit_DTH

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic